Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Irion worked in the genetics and medical research fields, both in the public and private sectors, including the University of California School of Medicine and University of Tennessee Research Foundation. He has authored and co-authored several peer reviewed scientific research articles (listed below).
Mr. Irion also has many years experience as a licensed Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and Firefighter, serving with a busy city Fire Department. He has personally seen the physical and emotional effects caused by major traffic accidents.
Mr. Irion’s work as an EMT, Firefighter and medical researcher leaves him uniquely qualified to understand your injuries and communicate about them with medical professionals. This experience also gives Mr. Irion the ability to intelligently cross examine any medical experts who may be hired by insurance companies.
If you have a personal injury due to the negligence of a third party, contact us today at 865-766-4040 to discuss your case.
Selected Scientific Research Publications Authored or Co-Authored by Mr. Irion:
- Non-viral gene delivery to the ventricles in rat brain: Initial evidence for distribution and expression in the CNS; Hecker JG, Hall LL, Irion VR.; Mol Ther. 2001 Mar;3(3):375-84.
- Advances in self-limited gene expression of protective intracellular proteins in-vivo in rat brain; Irion VR, Hecker JG; Anesthesia & Analgesia, 1998:86.
- Self-limited gene expression in vitro in neuronal cell cultures and in vivo in rat brain using mRNA/cationic lipid complexes; Irion VR, Hecker JG; Anesthesia & Analgesia, 1997:84.
- The fidelity of human telomerase; Kreiter M, Irion V, Ward J, Morin G.; Nucleic Acids Symp Ser. 1995;(33):137-9.
- The effect of carrier RNA on transfection efficiency; Third Annual Artificial Self-Assembling Systems For Gene Delivery Conference, November 1996.
- Hsp70 and Reporter Enzyme Expression in Rat Brain after Non-viral Delivery of mRNA and DNA to Lateral Ventricles; Hecker JG, Hall LL, Irion VR.; Society for Neuroscience Meeting, New Orleans, November, 2000.
- mRNA cationic lipid transfected expression of firefly luciferase in mammalian cells is enhanced by addition of tRNA; Giles J, Irion VR, Hecker JG; Western Anesthesia Residents Conference, Seattle, WA, April 17, 1999.
- Effect of cationic lipid ratio and carrier RNA on transfection efficiency; 3rd Annual Artificial Self-Assembling Systems for Gene Delivery Conference; Irion VR, Hecker JG; Cambridge Healthtech Institute, Newton Upper Falls, MA. November 17-18, 1996.
- Effects of electromagnetic fields on gene expression; Irion VR, Irion DN; Golden State Venture Capital Conference & Entrepreneur Expo, San Rafael, April 23-24, 2001.
The Law Office of Van R. Irion represents personal injury clients in Knoxville and surrounding areas of East Tennessee, including Knox County, Sevier County, Loudon County, Anderson County, Blount County, Monroe County, McMinn County, Jefferson County and Claiborne County and the cities of Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Vonore, Madisonville, Alcoa, Sweetwater, Farragut, Tellico Plains, Loudon, Lenoir City, Athens, Oak Ridge, Greenville, Maryville and Clinton.
This website & contents do not confer, nor are meant to confer, any legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Viewing this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. Sending an e-mail to an attorney at The Law Office of Van R. Irion regarding your personal injury does not create an attorney-client relationship. We welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail to discuss your personal injury claim, however contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not submit any confidential information until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.